Found something to ponder;
|H, these cats are cuter, aite? :)|
Before I end, this is beautiful too. It is from 'Ten Things I learned before I Turned Twenty' by Amanda Helm. If it is too long, bookmark it first but make sure you'll read it because it's worth your time ;)
1. When your friends ask you to hangout, and you don't feel like it, don't go. Don't ever do things halfway or do something that makes you uncomfortable. With everything, give all of yourself, even the pieces you never knew existed.
2. It is okay not to know. Everyone always despises the phrase, "I don't know" but no one tells you it is okay not to know. The becoming is more important than the being, anyways.
3. If someone ever makes you feel less, in any way, you have every right to walk away. You have every right to cut out toxic people in your life. To close the door on people who make you feel bad about who you are or what you stand for. Friends don't tear down, they build up. (This is splendid awh).
4. Loss is always going to happen. Just like paint will always chip and rain will always fall, loss will always be part of life. No matter how much I don't like it, or avoid it, it is going to walk my way at several times in my life. Learn to embrace it and learn to get closure.
5. Give yourself a chance. Stop saying, "I don't think I can" or "But what if I am not able to?" and give yourself a chance. This may be cliche but try to believe in yourself. When you get older, your knees won't work the same and you won't have the best memory, and you are going to wish you'd given yourself a chance years sooner.
6. Fall in love. Don't be guarded before you fall in love. You could fall in love three times and still not find the right one, but none of it is going to make "the one" matter less. Don't fall into the idea that your first love has to be your best love.
7. Firsts are going to be messy. First loves, first failed tests, first college class, first time you drive a car, first time you ride a plane - first time were made to be imperfect. Just because it's messy and all over the place, doesn't mean it can't be good or worthwhile.
8. You want another scoop of ice-cream? Go get it. Get three more scoops of ice-cream if that is what you want. "Fat" is not the opposite of beautiful and it is not the opposite of happy. Don't let anyone tell you that your body type isn't beautiful. Beauty is a social construct, create your own, become your own.
9. Let yourself be alone. Loneliness is not a bad thing. It is healthy and normal. Everyone needs to spend a good portion of their life alone. We learn who we are when we are alone; life is less crowded and more clear when we are alone.
10. If you aren't happy where you are, change it. Quit your job, move, become a vegetarian, get a new hobby, pick up an old hobby, whatever you do - make sure it benefits you. Life is too short to not be alive, to not be passionate, and overflowing :)
Happy pondering, people. xo